Using Tarot to find my own personal meaning and connection comes out in my journal pages. This is not to be confused with any belief systems or methods for using Tarot, such as fortune telling. I simply use them as creative and intuitive inspiration.
Anything visual or verbal that you feel connected with, curious about or inspired by will work. Lots of people love oracle cards and inspirational quotes too. I hold no particular beliefs about any of these and nor do you need to, but if you do, that works too. Just remember to have fun.
- Strathmore Visual Journal – 140lb watercolor paper
- Inktense Pencils (these are like watercolor pencils but they are ink and tend to be more permanent when dry)
- Liquid Acrylics (assortment of colors plus paynes grey and titanium white are a good start)
- Glazing liquid (not to be confused with glazing medium which dries faster and tends to make the pages more sticky)
- Pitt or Micron black and sepia pens (any good permanent pen will do)
- Optional – Inspirational Materials (I used the Shining Tribe Tarot deck and a Tarot of Trees phone app for my imagery)